Director of Member Services
Apply HERE by November 7, 2022
Ideal Start Date: January 2, 2023
Starting Salary: $90,000
Salary Range: Director Level Range: $90,000 – $109,999
Reporting to: Deputy Director
# of Directs: 3-5
Travel: 15-20 days/year
The Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC) seeks a purpose-driven, energetic, and process-focused Director of Member Services to set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Member Services (Customer Success) team, focusing on driving membership acquisition, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through renewals and net retention improvements. This is a full-time position that sits on the PSC Leadership Team and is ideally a hybrid role based near our Boulder, CO headquarters. We operate in a fast-paced start-up environment and this cross-collaborative position will play an integral role in building and executing a data-driven, process-focused approach to the member journey.
This position requires an ability to proactively build processes that support the member journey and use data to identify areas for improvement. The candidate will need to be a team player and self starter who can work cross functionally in a startup environment.
The Director of Member Services will lead our Member Services team which includes Member Services Specialists. The work involves leading the team that interacts directly with PSC members by performing in the following key areas:
Member Services Strategy (20%)
- Lead development and implementation of member services strategies, objectives, and initiatives
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for the Member Services team, focusing on driving membership acquisition, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through renewals and net retention improvements
- Evaluate the value of PSC membership to ensure the needs of members and PSC are met
- Lead member services planning for trade shows and attending shows and client site visits
- Support development of restructuring of roles and duties within the Member Services team
Member Services Management (25%)
- Lead all engagements with PSC Icon+ members and other high-priority members to provide excellent member service and move companies forward along their sustainability journey
- Engage with high priority members at tradeshows and member site visits
- Cultivate long term investment from ICON+ members in PSC strategic initiatives, programming, events, and giving opportunities
Member Services Process Improvement & Data (35%)
- Define and optimize the member lifecycle and improve engagement based on customer segmentation
- Execute automated member onboarding and ongoing member engagement reporting.
- Develop processes, workflows, and reporting through a culture of continuous improvement
- Track the use of membership benefits to identify opportunities for membership increases
- Work closely with the sales, marketing, and operations teams to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, and account opportunities
Staff Management, Leadership, & Partnerships (20%)
- Lead a department of 3-5 specialists to provide excellent customer service
- Manage the hiring, staff growth & development, retention, and performance management
- Serve as the primary liaison for member impact partners including B Lab, Offset Partners, and discount service providers
Measures of Success
- Member Inside Growth & Retention
- Member Engagement
- Membership Revenue Increase YOY
- Employee Retention
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 8-15 years of customer service-related experience or management consulting
- 2-5 years leading CSMs, account managers, or sales teams
- Relevant work experience in sustainability and/or climate
- Ability to understand customer needs and solve problems quickly
- Change management and communication skills
- Strong operational skills to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- Proficiency in Google Suite, any CRM platform, Trello, Asana, and/or Monday.com
- Customer journey mapping and management experience
- Experience leading teams in a subscription-based product environment
PSC believes the diversity of skills, backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences employees bring to their work will be a critical factor in our success. PSC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All applicants and employees are evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit.
PSC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, condition of pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, breastfeeding status, medical conditions related to breastfeeding, marital status, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and participation in social and recreational programs.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this role is $90,000 and the total range for the role is $90,000 – $109,999 plus annual performance bonuses. Our comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid health insurance with dental and vision options, a 401k plan with a 4% employer match, an annual wellness reimbursement of $600, an annual professional development stipend of $1,000, and unlimited PTO. We have a hybrid in-office schedule, with half-day Fridays in the summer. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates outside the Denver/Boulder region. Our office is pet-friendly, too!
What We Do
PSC accelerates environmental and social sustainability in the pet industry through education, tools, project support, and collaboration. The organization works closely with companies ranging from brands, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers. We help companies identify strategic impact opportunities that drive increased profitability. PSC’s awards and programs are highly rated across the industry and include sustainable packaging, sustainable ingredient sourcing, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
Submit your resume, cover letter, and references HERE. Please be sure to select the correct job that you are applying for within the form.