June 5-7, 2023
At a time when the full force of our combined efforts are needed to drive sustainable impact within our businesses and throughout our industry, Impact Unleashed is the only event in the pet industry that provides the ideas, experience and tools to enable pet industry leaders to rise to the occasion. Next year’s event will be an inspiring, three-day in person event, bringing together sustainably-focused thought leaders and change makers across a variety of industries to create an immersive forum for inspiration, education and application.
Event Theme- Leadership
Learn key leadership styles and skills that are the foundation to an effective sustainable business.
Event Theme- Transparency
Learn who’s driving transparency and why it is a touchstone for employee productivity and consumer loyalty.
The Pet Sustainability Coalition is the most exciting idea incubator I've seen in this industryTed MischaikovHealthy Pet
I've been in the industry 20 years and we've never seen anything like Impact UnleashedStephanie VoloEarth Animal
I feel like we have a better roadmap of where we want to go and how to get thereDavid RizzoZuke's
You really feel like you a part of something that mattersTina NguyenJax & Bones
Margaret Morey-Reuner – Timberland
How Timberland Drives Prosperity in Haiti.
Jason Clay – World Widlife Fund
Sustainable Pet Food for the 21st Century.
Rebecca Hamilton – Badger LLC
Treating employees like family is good for business.
Stephanie Volo – EarthAnimal
Supply Chain Authenticity
Suman Shrestha – Himalayan Dog Chew
How a pet company is enriching the nation of Nepal.
Spencer Williams – West Paw Design
How open book management saved our business.
Watch more event videos by pet industry leaders
- Andy Downs, (Path to B Corp Certification) Sustainability Lead, Only Natural Pet
- Tina Nguyen, (Maintaining your Passion) Founder Jax & Bones
- Tony de Vos, (Energy Solutions for Manufacturing) President and CEO, Cardinal Pet Care
- Daniel Cleland, (Social Auditing for PetSmart) Manager of Social Responsibility, PetSmart
- Dennis Odonnell, (Employee Benefits) Co-Founder, PAW5
- Logan Honeycutt, (Sourcing Invasive Species) President & Co-Founder, BareItAll Petfoods
- Kaison Tanabe, (Sustainability of Cricket Protein) Co-Founder, EntoBento
- Michael Griffith, (Sustainable Fish Sourcing from Brazil) Marketing Manager, Segrest Farms
Watch more event videos from experts outside our industry
- Jennifer Briggs, (Business Structure for Sustainable Businesses) Owner, Mosaic Creations
- Darren Vanstone, (Animal Welfare Risks & Opportunities), Director, Ocatra.
- Kim Coupounas, (The Sustainable Business Movement in the Pet Industry) Director, B Corp
- Chris Kerston, (Regenerative Protein Sourcing) Director of Public Outreach & Events, The Savory Institute
- Rebecca Hamilton, (Employee Benefits) VP of Research & Development, W.S. Badger Company
- Cynthia Scott, (Change Management) Faculty in Sustainable Management, Presidio Graduate School
- Scott Miller, (Sustainable Apparel Tools) LEED AP Director of Business Development, Sustainable Apparel Coalition
- Sarah Martinez, (Sustainability Strategy) Sustainability Maven, Eco Products
Want to keep up on the latest sustainability trends and track what advancements Coalition members are making?
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and we will deliver it straight to your inbox.
I’ve been passionate about the environment my entire life. It’s time to apply my passion and 23 years of experience in the pet business toward facilitating sustainable progress in the pet industry and protecting the resources our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren deserve.Chris BentleyVP of Sales & Sustainability, I and Love and You
As one of the first Founding Members of the Pet Sustainability Coalition, The KONG Company understands that positive sustainable change requires business leaders from within the industry investing to make this vision a reality. Our iconic KONG rubber toy has been made in the USA from sustainable natural rubber for more than 36 years now. We’re proud, that as a company, we are committed to the overall well-being of our customers, our employees, their pets and the environment in which we all live and work.KD FruehPresident, KONG Company
Sustainability drives a business’ profitability but more often than not organizations are scared to embrace what they see as a complex undertaking. We are very excited to be part of a coalition that will help educate organizations in the pet industry and bring them all the resources they need to create and implement a sustainability program.Toby RussellCEO, Natural Capitalism Solutions
Several years ago the employees of our company created and endorsed the phrase “Devoted to Pets, People & the Planet” as our motto. The care and protection of our planet is essential if we want our children and our pets to enjoy this beautiful world in the future. We support The Pet Industry Sustainability Coalition for bringing together other companies that uphold the same goals we embrace and for charting a roadmap of working together toward sustainability.Tony de VosCEO, Cardinal Laboratories, Inc.
As the Outdoor Industry Association Sustainability Working Group continues to advocate for convergence around tools, we are looking forward to providing the pet products industry with guidance around how it might utilize the Higg Index framework to benchmark and measure the sustainability of its products, brands, and manufacturing facilities. We look forward to collaborating with the Pet Industry Sustainability Coalition on this effort.Beth JensenDirector of Sustainability, Outdoor Industry Association
Planet Dog is thrilled to be a Founding Member of the Pet Industry Sustainability Coalition. Planet Dog has been thinking globally and acting doggedly since 1997, and we remain committed to the notion that our values bring us our value. We embrace the efforts of the Coalition to extend these values and commitment to the entire pet industry. We look forward to a productive and successful collaboration with other leaders in the industry to put Sustainability at the forefront of the pet industry, which will strengthen the industry as a whole while protecting our most valuable resource, our planet.Stephanie VoloChief Retail Officer & Partner, Planet Dog