Member Services Specialist
Apply by January 02, 2023 HERE
Location: Denver/Boulder metro area or willing to relocate to Colorado
Ideal Start Date: February 15, 2023
Starting Salary: $55,000
Reporting to: Director of Member Services
Travel: Up to 20 days per year
The Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC) is seeking a purpose driven, energetic, and professional Member Services Specialist to add to a team that serves 170+ companies building a more sustainable pet industry. This is a full-time position preferably based in Boulder, Colorado with a hybrid work schedule (relocation support can be provided). We operate in a fast-paced start-up environment and this position will play an integral role in managing membership data while providing superior customer service for existing and prospective members. Starting title and salary will be dependent on experience.
What We Do
PSC accelerates environmental and social sustainability in the pet industry through education, tools, project support, and collaboration. The organization works closely with companies ranging from brands, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers. We help companies identify strategic impact opportunities that drive increased profitability. PSC’s awards and programs are highly rated across the industry and include sustainable packaging, sustainable ingredient sourcing, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This position requires excellent organizational skills, strong relationship-management abilities, gifted communication skills (verbal and written), and a willingness to adapt quickly to change. The candidate will need to be a team player who can work with others to ensure collaboration across departments as well as develop and build strong relationships with members while promoting a wide range of sustainable business services to help drive impact.
The team member will work directly with both our internal and external partners supporting our overall strategy in the following key areas:
Serve as a primary point of contact for PSC Members:
- Manage the delivery of membership benefits including sustainability assessment results, accreditation, expert consulting, projects, event tickets, and tools.
- Provide regular updates to members on the progress of projects and campaigns.
- Provide members with excellent member experience and facilitate client retention by building strong customer relationships.
- Answer a wide variety of member questions and concerns regarding PSC programs, tools and resources, services, and events in a timely and professional manner.
- Evaluate member profiles to understand and recommend new programs and services to increase revenue and upgrade membership.
- Serve as a voice for members to ensure alignment of PSC’s services, programs, and tools.
- Create and advance programs and services that support and retain members.
Program + Operations
- Support member virtual networking cohorts, as assigned
- Support member engagement programs, as assigned
- Support ongoing improvement of member services operations including CRM utilization, reporting, and procedures.
- Support composition of case studies, industry reports, and articles related to implementation projects to communicate replication, scalability, and successes to a larger industry audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a preference for sustainability, environmental science or related study in sustainability
- 2+ years of professional experience in the area of sustainability, with a strong preference for experience that includes consulting, customer service, or client-facing role
- Ability to develop content and present to external and internal audiences
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to communicate with external stakeholders
- Attention to detail, creative problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to assist in areas outside of their department
- Ability to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner
- Desire for meaningful work and contributing to a more sustainable future
- Sustainability experience and knowledge. Experience in packaging and/or food systems is an added benefit
- Demonstrated experience presenting to external audiences
- Experience with customer relationship management software
- Ability to coordinate the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of technical information and data
- Ability to maintain detailed records and prepare professional reports
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and recommend conclusions
- Ability to travel 10-15 days/year
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter HERE. Please be sure to select the correct job that you are applying for within the form. This role is open and looking to be filled as soon as possible. The first round of applications will be reviewed on January 03, 2023 , and additional applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
PSC believes the diversity of skills, backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences employees bring to their work will be a critical factor in our success. PSC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All applicants and employees are evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit.
PSC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, condition of pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, breastfeeding status, medical conditions related to breastfeeding, marital status, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and participation in social and recreational programs.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this role is $55,000 with annual performance bonuses possible. Our comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid health insurance with dental and vision options, a 401k plan that includes employer matching contributions, a monthly $50 wellness stipend, an annual professional development stipend, and paid holidays, unlimited PTO. We have a flexible in-office schedule, with half-day Fridays in the summer. Our office is pet-friendly, too!
How to Apply
Submit your resume, cover letter, and references HERE. Please be sure to select the correct job that you are applying for within the form.