Starting in 2018, we expanded on our packaging work to serve as a leading force uniting the pet industry around sustainable packaging solutions. That work includes many programs including supporting members on their individual packaging journey, as well as piloting Flex Forward, the pet industry’s first return to retail program, establishing UnPacked, the pet industry’s first bi-annual summit dedicated to packaging, and launching the PSC Packaging Pledge, a program dedicated to helping companies meet ambitious, transparent, forward-facing packaging goals.
To learn more about each of these topics please click on the images below.
The Packaging Pledge
A pathway toward sustainable packaging by 2025 — Pet companies can sign-on to the Pet Sustainability Coalition Packaging Pledge, a program to support pet companies to move to 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging by 2025. This initiative is being developed in consultation with leading industry experts.
Making change easy — Our program provides benefits to support pet brand signatories and manufacturers including:
- A vetted marketplace housing pre-qualified packaging suppliers that meet Ellen MacArthur requirements.
- Marketing assets including signatory badges, social media and exclusive promotion opportunities.
- Tools including packaging life cycle analysis, the Recycling Partnership’s Plastic IQ, How2Recycle labeling support, and packaging design guidelines.
- Ongoing and consistent legislative updates and education.
- Business case data set designed to pitch to company decision makers.
- Peer working groups to share successes and challenges for accelerated progress.