We envision a thriving and collaborative pet industry that creates positive impact for the communities and environments where we do business.
Sustainable Packaging Leadership
We provide tools, thought leadership, and resources to support sustainable packaging
We work with leading experts both within and outside the pet industry to advance sustainability in packaging
Working to decrease landfill waste by creating store take-back collection for flexible pet food and treat packaging
Building collaboration, leadership, and aligned goals to move the pet industry towards recyclable, refillable, and compostable solutions
We bring together brands, non-profits, retailers, manufacturers and suppliers to promote education and collaboration to advance sustainable packaging
The Packaging Pledge
A pathway toward sustainable packaging by 2025 — Starting July 2022, pet companies can sign-on to the Pet Sustainability Coalition Packaging Pledge, a program to support pet companies to move to 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging by 2025. This initiative is being developed in consultation with leading industry experts.
Making change easy — Our program provides benefits to support pet brand signatories and manufacturers including:
- A vetted marketplace housing pre-qualified packaging suppliers that meet Ellen MacArthur requirements.
- Marketing assets including signatory badges, social media and exclusive promotion opportunities.
- Tools including packaging life cycle analysis, the Recycling Partnership’s Plastic IQ, How2Recycle labeling support, and packaging design guidelines.
- Ongoing and consistent legislative updates and education.
- Business case data set designed to pitch to company decision makers.
- Peer working groups to share successes and challenges for accelerated progress.
Packaging Pledge Introduction
Overview of Packaging Pledge
Thank You To Our Founding Packaging Pledge Donors
Progress toward our 2020 goal to collect 5,000lbs of flexible packaging